Skip to main content


Moving Over the Summer
Posted 6/9/20

Per Board Policy any parent/guardian of a student enrolled in the District shall notify the District prior to or within five (5) days of any change in circumstance and/or a move which would affect their student’s residency (AR 5111.1).  


If you are moving out of Fremont, please email your student's name, grade, date of birth, current school and the city you are moving to to


If you are moving within FUSD, please complete the Change of Address Form and email that along with 2 proofs of residency at the new address to


Examples of Proofs of Residency to Complete a Change of Residency

Evidence of residency may be established by documentation showing the name and address of the parent/guardian within the District, including, but not limited to, two (2) of any of the following (Education Code 48204.1):

  1. Current property tax statement, current mortgage statement or final close of escrow letter
  2. Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt;
  3. Current utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt (within 30-45 days);
  4. Pay stub;
  5. Voter registration;
  6. Correspondence from a government agency;
  7. Declaration of Residency executed by the student's parent/guardian;
  8. If the student is an unaccompanied youth as defined in 42 USC 11434a, a declaration of residency executed by the student; or
  9. If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within district boundaries, an affidavit executed by the caregiving adult in accordance with Family Code 6552.